As a repeat business, one of Quintessence’s clients offered a number of projects that demanded different skill sets and expertise. One such interesting and unusual assignment was to translate the content of an “Operational Manual”, which was in French. This required using an online translating tool and translating the content to English. The online translation tools often provide literal translation, which do not make a good overall reading. To translate huge volume of a foreign text to English was indeed a herculean task but Quintessence could attempt this because it possessed the requisite understanding of this task by virtue of having done a similar assignment in the past for the very same company.
Short-term assignments & Article/Blog Writing
Quintessence, ever since it diversified into providing content services, has been providing small write-ups, articles, and blog posts for a number of its clients. The write-ups included information on:
• Weight loss
• Structured Settlement
• Water Filters
• Forex Trading
• Essential Oils
• Ebook writing
All of the above writing assignments required only an ability write well and thus most of these projects were from the same clients as repeat businesses, of which some of them were even ‘ongoing work’ for a stretched period of time.
While providing content for small write-ups, Quintessence was approached for executing short-term assignments that either demanded a brief stay at the client site or required few visit or interactions with clients for understanding the volume of work and scheduling deliverables if work was ‘ongoing’. Such short-term assignments include:
• Providing analytical content on the topic “HR ASPECTS THAT GLOBAL COMPANIES NEED TO FOCUS ON WHEN HIRING IN INDIA”
• Analyzing Five year Government Schemes Financial Bills (2003 – 2008) on various issues pertaining to Education, Retirement, Poverty and so on.
• Presenting the class sessions of a Designing Course visually (through PPT) for the students of Noida Deaf Society, an NGO.
• Creating a PPT presentation for an NGO (Swasthya) on AIDS awareness
• Evolving and Executing Accounting processes/policies/standards for business organizations (GESBI a client of Vikas Kochhar & Associates Chartered Accountants
• Reproducing huge volumes of legal cases as softcopies to be published on the web by authorized legal consultant (taxesinindia)